Monday, July 6, 2009

I love Billy Joel. And Paul Newman. And Peter Lorre.

My name is spelt O-L-D S-O-U-L. Just so you know.

This semester went by in a true flash, and the class I miss the most is a surprise, even to me. It isn't painting. It isn't Drawing II. It isn't History II. It's Film Appreciation. I miss watching things like The Maltese Falcon and Arsenic and Old Lace and Casablanca, and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I really miss those movies, and I think I'll probably be making an effort to own each and every one of them in the near future. But until then, here are some clips, courtesy of YouTube, for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy.

From Casablanca



A Tribute to Peter Lorre



Funniest Scene of Arsenic and Old Lace - The first minute is my favorite in the whole movie!



The Last Scene of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid - it gave meaning to the phrase 'going out in a blaze of glory!'



That's all I've got for now. I hope you enjoy these clips, and that they inspire you to give some of the classic movies a try.

With love,

SociallyInept

No comments: