Monday, July 20, 2009

I haven't forgotten about you, dear friends...okay, maybe a little, but I'm back!

So, I realize it's been some time since I posted, but things have been hectic, so I beg your forgiveness. My internship at the Art Council is over, though I will attend the staff meeting tomorrow to wrap it up properly (and by properly I mean with baked goods and a status report on the project).

Okay, so, to the next topic. Let's see, what's been bugging me lately...oh yeah...WHERE ARE ALL THE AVAILABLE WOMEN IN THE TEXARKANA AREA??? Last summer, I dated a few women here, and a one in Boulder, and things in that department clicked right along. This year? Nada. Zilch. And it bugs me - how am I supposed to find 'the one' if I can't even find 'a one' to date? And more than that, half the point if dating is to find out what things you like/don't like/seek in a partner, so you can better recognize 'the one' when they come along, and more than that, more easily recognize all those who aren't 'the one.' And even though I don't 'plan' on having a serious forever kind of relationship until well into grad school, or after, dating is an important part of a healthy adult's social life! Merh. So yeah, all my peeps in the Texarkana area - help a girl out?

Okay, so, what's next....Oh, I just want to say how ridiculous all the Micheal Jackson hub-bub has been! After the trial and all, no one gave two shits about him, until he died. Everyone was so eager to mourn the man he had been, but they completely ignored the man he had become - it's not for me to say he's guilty or not - I don't know. But I do get aggravated when people who have done unsavory things in their lives are completely forgiven those things when they die - all of a sudden, they're saints. And that is such bull-crap.

Okay, what else...Painting with flowers is awesome, and really beautiful. And yes, I said WITH flowers. Dip the petals in some paint mixed liberally with glazing medium, and the effects are really awesome. I bet using this technique, I could get much more realistic foliage and greenery in a landscape painting then I EVER could with a brush. And believe me, I can't wait to find out!

Okay, I think that's all I've got for now - I plan on putting up some more of my favorite movie clips, but we've got company coming in a bit, so it'll have to be after that. And after I bake something for the meeting tomorrow. And after I put together my presentation for that meeting...I'll post 'em tomorrow. Until then, bye bye!

Truly Yours,
Socially Inept

No comments: